There are many home buying books on the market that can help you learn to simplify the process and avoid common mistakes. Home Buying for Dummies is one of the recommended reads.
There are many home buying books, like Home Buying for Dummies, on the market that can help you learn to simplify the process and avoid common mistakes. Here is a list of nine good books that can help you with every aspect of buying a home.
1. "The New Complete Book of Home Buying," by Michael Sumichrast, Ronald Shafer and Martin A. Sumichrast provides a good overview of the strategies and techniques of buying a home. This book explains mortgages, finding a real estate agent and negotiatoing price.
2. "106 Common Mistakes Home Buyers Make and How to Avoid Them," by Gary Eldred. This book is geared toward first-time homebuyers. Its goal is to reduce your frustration and wasted time and help you avoid the pitfalls associated with home buying and getting a mortgage.
3. "100 Questions Every First Time Home Buyer Should Ask: With Answers from Top Brokers from Around the Country," by Ilyce Glink gives a question-and-answer format on questions about new construction, buying without a real estate broker and home testing.
4. "Home Buying by the Experts: The Pros Make Your Dream Home a Reality," by Brian Yui, Lori Shaw-Cohen, Robert G. Allen and Stewart Morris, Jr. offers professional advice on all aspects of buying a home from finding an agent to the closing.
5. "Home Buying for Dummies," by Eric Tyson and Ray Brown, offers a comprehensive look at the many steps involved in purchasing a home. The easy-to-understand explanations help you to grasp the material quickly.
6. "Nolo's Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home," by Ilona Bray, Alayna Schroeder and Marcia Stewart gives detailed information on how to purchase real estate. It gives real accounts of 20 homebuyers as well as insights from 13 real estate professionals.
7. 8. and 9. "Tips and Traps When Buying a Home," "Buy Your First Home" and "How to Buy a Home When You Can't Afford It," are three of many books by Robert Irwin that give practical step-by-step instructions for both first-time and experienced buyers.
Many of these books are available at your local library. Read one or all to be better informed before you buy your first home or your next home. When you are ready to find local real estate professionals and browse free real estate listings, to to Reply!